Anticipating upcoming trends will help you make the best production and budget plans for your business. Innovation in tech is expected to continue in 2019. Here are the technology trends to watch out for in 2019.
Machine learning, AR, blockchain and AI will converge, creating a significant amount of value for businesses as they become assimilated into standard processes. This will help businesses enjoy exceptional productivity gains.
- AR in Apps – Augmented reality will become integrated into most apps as developers explore their creativity and become more become accustomed to the technical functionality of AR. Expect AR to find practical everyday utilization in 2019.
- Data Security – Businesses will be more committed to data security. Although companies try to gather as much data as possible, they sometimes ignore or forget about the importance of data security. Large data leaks will continue this year and many companies will outsource their IT to specialized companies or establish their own.
- Increased Automation – More apps and tools that do various tasks for business owners and consumers will appear in 2019. They can pass off time-consuming and arduous tasks to these tools to automate their lives and make things easier for them.
- Improved AI and Human Collaboration – Al was very popular in 2018 and this popularity is expected to continue in 2019. Last year, however, some companies experienced various problems by giving AI too much decision-making power in the hiring process. Potentially biased and unstructured data result in biased outcomes. In 2019, companies will focus on getting consistent datasets and improving collaboration between AI and humans. This time, AI won’t be given too much power.
- Growth of Connected Devices – In 2019, connected devices that improve working and living conditions will grow. 5G connectivity and edge computing will become more popular. Data from smart devices will be stored closer to the source. To prevent losing business, edge computing and data centers will have to work together. The Internet of Things is an important driver of digital transformation in various industries such as manufacturing. According to market analysts, the number of connected devices in this industry might double between 2017 and 2020.
- Smart beacons, sensors and RFID tags are already being used today. These devices help manufacturers avoid delays, reduce equipment downtime, manage inventory and increase production performance. Healthcare organizations can also benefit from IoT technology. Examples of such technology include electronic health records, smart home care, smart pills and personal healthcare management. IoT devices also leave businesses vulnerable to security concerns and hacks. Security vendors will begin to offer endpoint security solutions to prevent data loss, privileged user control and provide insights into threat protection and network health.
- Increased Online Sales of Daily Items – Online shopping is a convenient way to buy what you need. It helps you save a lot of time and check prices with ease. In 2019, people will continue to buy everyday items online such as toothpaste, paper towels and dishwasher detergent. Online shopping is particularly beneficial for those who have a busy schedule and don’t or can’t visit a brick-and-mortar store to purchase everyday consumables. This will help increase the sales of online stores.
The tech industry is focusing on cybersecurity and keeping up with creators of malicious software and viruses by using artificial intelligence and machine learning to predict as well as protect devices against attacks. These technologies will also affect every aspect of the business, from development to supply chain management. As these technologies improve, businesses will benefit from a faster and less costly response to viruses and other malicious attacks.